What's the best treatment for non inflammatory acne? I don't want to take oral meds

I have non inflammatory acne, closed comedonal. This is self diagnosed from ages of looking online/comparing photos, since my doctor's a ninny. Basically I have even toned skin with 0 redness/whiteheads but I have hundreds of mini bumps all over my cheeks that all have (excuse the details) a white substance in them/under the skin that isn't liquid like pus is. You can only see it if it's squeezed. I'm on Tactuo/Epiduo (3 months) and it's not helping at all. Not sure where to go from here?

Acne

Sound like you have started in the right place, and given things the right amount of time. 

Acne can range from mild to very bad! 

Some topical (applied to skin) products won't really treat very severe acne.  There is no cure for acne, but you can treat the symptoms by keeping hair follicles from getting plugged. Once a bump has formed, you can use medicines that help with the redness and swelling.

The most common type of acne medicine is a cream or gel that you put on your skin. Many of these can be bought without a prescription. These medicines may help if your acne is mild. Benzoyl peroxide is the most common type. It is in most over-the-counter acne medicines.

If over-the-counter medicines don't work, your doctor can prescribe other types of medicine. These are usually antibiotics or retinoids. These medicines can cause dryness or redness. If this becomes a problem for you, your doctor can tell you ways to make your skin feel better.

If you have very bad acne, your doctor may prescribe pills. You may need to take these for several months before your skin gets better. If you do seek assistance from a doctor, it is important for them to explain the range of acne--from mild to severe, inflammatory and noninflammatory--and the approaches to treatment.

Acne treatment

Tactuo gel is a good treatment for cleaning out pores but it can take several months.  Oil-based products should be avoided.  Medical facials with extractions and Isolaz photopneumatic treatments can help.  A dermatologist should be consulted.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Noninflammatory Acne -- Clear + Brilliant, VI peels, Eclipse Micropen

I suggest a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist that specializes in acne.  There are many options to get improvement and get an antiaging benefit.  Best, Dr. Emer.