I am 46 and still getting acne and adding scars to my face.

I have had acne since I was 15 which of course got worse when I started covering with make up but since then I have to wear make up to even leave my house. Would love to at some point in my life not need make up. I am so sick of it. Now that I am older I also am starting to have issue with hair along the jaw line. If they get ingrown and I have to dig them out, more scars! Help! By the way, I am medium complexion, African American-thanks

Acne Scars and Best Treatment and African American skin

You definitely need a formal evaluation by a board certified dermatologist.  You should determine the cause of your acne and whether or not you need Accutane or something similar to treat your acne. You can treat the scars with eMatrix which is a "color blind" laser which is excellent for treating acne scars on dark skin.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne Scar Solutions with lasers, fillers, subcision and microneedling/prp

I suggest you get a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist who can give you a plan for both acne and scarring. There are many combination of treatments that can be used such as lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne still in my 40's

Part of the problem is "digging" at the hairs or acne. This action will almost always leave scars. I suggest a formal evaluation at a doctors office and get on an acne treatment regime. If the hair are ingrown, laser hair removal will solve this problem. Acne scars in your skin type can be treated with the Infini safely. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD