When to remove scar surgically on 7 year old child, wound 2 month old due to fall and impact of floor.Deep y shaped wound on fore head healed leaving a triangular scar, currently using contractubex.What are different option to remove the scar and when?
When to Remove Scar Surgically on 7 Year Old Child, Wound 2 Month Old? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 1
Early treatment for child with forehead scar
- First off, so sorry that your 7 year old had this accident. Treatment at this time should focus on:
- No sun exposure ( recommend hats, daily suncreen, and reapplication of sunscreen even if it is cloudy.)
- Gentle massage with lotion of your choice
- Have Patience. In the next 6-12 months, the scar will contract and become better no matter what you do.
- Consider reviewing the scar therapy treatments (silicone sheets/gels, paper tape, etc), but there is not evidence that one is better than another.
- At about a year after the injury, the wide scar can be removed wtih a scar revision technique (w plasty) that will make a big improvement.
- After maturity, resurfacing of the skin or Laser treatment can then be considered.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.