Eating Less and Gaining weight?

Hi! So i am 21 and a girl and I want to lose weight but I'm afraid that I'm not eating enough. I didn't think I wasn't getting enough food but I'm not hungry. I'll eat a little bit and feel so full. Sometimes I just have 2 meals a day and feel fine. But my weight keeps going up. It makes me upset because I don't feel hungry and if I eat more I feel like I'm eating too much. I don't know what I should do.

Balanced Eating Plan

The most important thing is to make sure that every meal and every snack is balanced between carbohydrate, protein and healthy fat. Many girls have a strong affinity for carbohydrates. They should be no more than 50% of any meal or any snack. Eating 50% of calories as protein and healthy fat will help you lose weight and keep your metabolism strong. When combined with a sensible exercise program your health and your weight should improve.

San Jose Physician

Its what you eat

You should eat more- more fruit and vegetables and less other things like bread, pasta, rice. Make sure you have a cup of vegetables or two cups at night.  Walk more - eat more vegetables, and less everything else.

Terry Simpson, MD, FACS
Scottsdale Bariatric Surgeon