I am 53. I am very concerned about the deep lines in my lips and around my eyes. Advice on procedures? (photos)

I am 53. I have very deep upper and lower lip lines and around my eyes. I have had Botox injections around my eyes and filler in my lips. That only lasted about a month. Could you please advise what procedure who be best for me. Thank you for your time.

I am 53. I am very concerned about the deep lines in my lips and around my eyes. Advice on procedures? I am 53. I am very concer

If you are not happy with the look of your face, you feel that you are getting older, your skin started to lose its elasticity and if you think that this situation is going to get even worse if you do not take any precaution; then you can be a good candidate for “Spider Web Aesthetics”. Most people are afraid of surgical interventions since the complication risk and the results can frighten the patients. Therefore patients are seeking for non-surgical solutions more and more. Spider Web Aesthetics is a non-surgical lifting method developed by plastic surgeon Bülent Cihantimur MD. If you are afraid of having a surgical intervention and you are not happy with the sagging of your skin especially in face, inner arms, buttocks and neck; you should consider undergoing this minimal invasive, safe and effective method.

Preparation :

Spider Web Aesthetics is performed with topical anesthesia meaning that there is no need for a general anesthesia or sedation. A topical anesthetic cream will be applied in order to benumb the area. After the topical anesthesia the area will be sterilized and the Spider Web Aesthetics will be applied.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Lines around Mouth and Eyes

Hi and thank you for your question!

For longer lasting changes to these lines/wrinkles and texture improvements, we might recommend the Sciton Contour resurfacing laser, to start. This does require downtime, however, it is worth it and we have seen very impressive changes in these types of concerns. Changes that fillers and neuromodulators (botox and dysport) alone cannot do. You will likely need filler and neuromodulators after the laser has healed, in order to achieve your ideal result. Starting with the laser will allow the fillers and neuromodulators to make more of a change and to last longer.

Dr. Grant Stevens  

Grant Stevens, MD

Wrinkles

I would recommend Botox and fillers to help with your wrinkles.  I understand that you already had these treatments and that they only lasted for a month.  I would recommend going to a different doctor, on that is a board certified plastic surgeon, who does many of these treatments daily. 

Non-surgical Procedures

If you are seeking a non-surgical procedure, full face laser resurfacing can help  the texture of your skin and soften the lines around the eyes and mouth. There is about a week downtime with this procedure where you would want to hide out for a week.

Botox or Dysport  and also fillers can be injected to replace volume loss and relax the muscles that you use daily that creates those wrinkles.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Fine Lines Around Mouth and Eyes

Based on your photos, a neuromodulator such as Botox or Dysport would be the best option for the wrinkling around the eyes, however it should definitely last longer than one month. It depends on the person of course, but either of these will last 4-5 months on average. The fine lines around the mouth may be better treated with a filler such as Belotero, which is designed specifically to treat this issue. I would recommend seeking a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with extensive experience using administering injectables and one that is willing to build a customized treatment plan based on your concerns and goals.

Dennis Gross, MD

I am very concerned about the deep lines in my lips and around my eyes. Advice on procedures?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  If you are not interested in any surgical interventions I would recommend placement of a long-acting, thick dermal filler, such as Voluma, into your cheeks to improve upon the wrinkling of your lower eyes, cheeks, and smile lines, as well as placement along your jawline to help create a smoother contour and to treat your mild jowling.  I would then use a thinner filler, such as Juvederm Ultra Plus into your remaining smile lines above and below the corner of your mouth.  Lastly, a thin dermal filler, such a Belotero can be used to fill in the vertical lines along the upper portion of your lips.  Consider the use of Botox and you are a "liquid facelift" candidate.  Hope this helps

Fine lines around eyes and Lips

There are three options to treat fine lines around the eyes and mouth.  Optimal results are when you combine multiple treatments.

1)Botox or dysport around the eyes and mouth will help relax the muscles ans soften the lines.  Some of the lines appear to be etched in or static lines.  Therefore they will not completely go away but they will certainly be improve

2)Fillers- Belotero or Restylane Silk would be ideal to fill in the lip lines as well as some of the lines around the eyes. these products can be placed into more superficial lines to further soften them

3)RF or laser based procedures- Resurfacing using either lasers such as Fraxel Restore or Repair as well as RF devices such as Ematrix, Thermismooth can help with the crepiness and help stimulate collage which can last up to several years.  

There is no one solution to your problem and therefore it is important to go to an experience provider who is capable of performing these different services

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician