Can I have smooth skin again and get rid of the acne scaring on my cheeks?

How can I smooth out and remove these acne scars in order to have smooth skin again?

Combination treatments for acne scars are best

Treatment for acne scars can be tricky, and often requires a combination approach. It is difficult to completely eliminate acne scars, but significant reduction is definitely possible. Treatment will depend on the extent, type, and location of the scars, but some of the best treatment options are laser skin resurfacing, chemical peels, and microneedling. An in-person consultation to evaluate your condition and discuss your choices is necessary in order to come up with the best customized treatment plan. 

Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne scars and irregular skin

Thank you for the good question. There are several methods for improving scars and skin texture. I prefer a combination approach of Erbium laser skin resurfacing and PRP with microneedling. Make an appointment for consultation with an experienced facial surgeon who can perform a comprehensive evaluation and can discuss potential options. Good luck.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Scarring from acne requires a combination approach and a series of treatments. I suggest seeing an expert to determine the type of results you can expect.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne Scarring on Face

Acne scars can be treated with a combination of lasers.  If the scars are simply red then you can use V-Beam laser.  If there are shallow scars you can benefit from eMatrix Laser.  Through radiofrequency heat, you can penetrate deeply and reduce these acne scars the most effective way possible. You can use the eMatrix regardless of skin type and color and will produce new collagen and heal up your scars. Best, Dr. Green

Acne scars best treated with Infini

The best tool I have found to improve acne scars is by far the Infini. It uses high intensity RF. It can go deeper than lasers and produces elastin as well as collagen where lasers only produce collagen. Deeper scars can be filled with Bellafill. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Smooth Skin After Acne Scars

There are three basic types of acne scars: rolling, boxcar and ice pick.  The ability to treat your skin will depend on the type of scars you have, and how many you have.  There are many options for treatment including lasers, fillers, and surgery.  Your best option is to seek out a physician who is experienced in these procedures and get a consultation.  Someone really needs to see your skin to give you a more specific answer.  In general, great improvements can be made.  Not all scars can be completely treated.  Good luck!