A shell casing burned my face... (photo)

Hi Doctors - I burned my face when a hot shell casing hit my face and stuck in the bottom lip of my safety glasses. This was on 4/11/16. I have been using Silvadene twice a day ever since. I still have redness and was wondering what can get rid of the redness. Would Silvadene get rid of the redness or would cocoa butter? Will I have a permanent scar or just permanent discoloration in the area? I am 56. Thank you for your advice.

Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase creams

For your burn scar, I would use a combination of Melarase PM + Plato's Scar Serum to help reduce scarring on the face. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Burn Scar on Face - Silicone Based scar gel with growth factors, sun protection

You should get the appropriate skin care and sun protection at this time.  Lasers and peels can help, but a formal consultation is needed.  Best, Dr. Emer.