What treatment will be most effective for reducing post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation left over from acne?

I have quite a bit of reddish pigmentation on my face from picking at acne over the years. I have been given a prescription for Hydroquinone and Tretinoin and am just starting to use them. I have had IPL a few years ago with some improvement, but I continued to pick after and get more marks . My picking habit is now under control. I have consulted with my usual esthetician about Melanage peel and may try that this Fall. Any recommendations or input would be greatly appreciated!

Red Marks and Ance

The best treatment for the red marks from acne is the V-Beam laser.  The V-Beam is the gold standard for the redness.  The acne scars are best treated with the Fraxel laser, and the pigmentation with hydroquniones and light chemical peels.  I hope this information helps!

Vbeam for Red Pigmentation

If your pigmentation/scarring is red then I would recommend Vbeam Perfecta Laser.

Vbeam is a pulsed dye laser that is gold standard for removing Red on the skin. It is excellent for red acne scars, broken capillaries, rosacea, port wine stains and many other conditions.

Typically you would need a series of treatments anywhere from 3-5 one month apart for best results.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see ifVbeam is a good option for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon