What can I do to reduce my acne scars? (Photo)

I finished my second course of accurate almost 2 years ago. I've been dealing with acne since a very young age and was never satisfied with the way my skin looks. I haven't broken out like crazy. Maybe small ones here&there. I'm currently using a vitamin a acid cream and I follow a nightly skin reginem. I use la Roche posay serum corector for my pigmentation on my forehead. I also have a microdermabrasion machine & I do that once a week. Please help! What can I do?

TCA peels great for acne!

YES, TCA chemical peels are a great treatment that not only improves scarring, but will treat hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, and help with ACNE!  Also it is not as risky and less expensive then many other laser and dermabrasion treatments out there. See a Specialist who does TCA peels on a regular basis.

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

1540 Fractional non-ablative treatment for acne scars

An excellent treatment for acne scarring is with the 1540 non-ablative fractional laser.   The laser can be used on any part of the body and can precisely target the scarred areas of the skin. Fractional technology delivers laser energy to the affected area to break down scar tissue. This helps to generate the production of new collagen and tissue, resulting in smoother skin and a more even skin tone. Multiple sessions may be required to deliver the best results, but many patients see improvement after 2 treatments.  Sometimes there are side effects of redness and swelling, but this typically lasts less than a day.

Ramon Peleaux, DDS, MD
Charlotte Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon