Is There Any Proven Cream or Topical Medicine on the Market to Fade Away Acne Scars?

I just recently got rid of the majority of my acne, but im left with small indents in my cheeks. I have really pale skin so it looks like i still have acne. Id prefer not to resort to any procedures, and thats why i hope someone knows a product that actually works. Thanks

Hello

There is a few options for acne scars. You can get profractional laser with micro laser peel that in it self will get rid of a lot of your scars but not 100%. If you want 100% you can do a mini facelift that would be stretching the skin and getting rid of the deeper scars.Good luck.The best would be to see a PS to see you and know exactly what would benefit you the best.

Creams for Acne Scars

Thank you for your question. There are no "magic" creams to fill in acne scars.  The best cream for any benefit is a retinoid cream, either retin-A or Retinol. You will need more aggressive treatments such as peels or laser to best improve your skin texture. You should seek the recommendations of a board certified dermatologist or a board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in acne, scarring, and treating various skin types.  I hope this helps.

Acne scars cannot be cured with just creams

If your acne scars are not really "scars" but dark spots from old acne then YES you can use topical bleaching creams to lighten these spots.  However, if your scars are depression or "ice-pick" scars then you will need peels or Fraxel laser to remove the scars.  It can take several treatments but that is the most effective treatment for these scars.

Can Acne Scars Be Improved with a Cream or Topical Medicine?

As far as I know, I don't think so. Unfortunately, most acne scars require office-based procedures including injectable fillers, electrosurgery, dermabrasion, laser, punch excision and chemical peeling (to name a few).  Sometimes long-term use of RetinA (tretinoin) and/or glycolic acid can improve texture, tone and very subtle scarring and so you may want to incorporate either or both into your topical regiment.  I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist experienced in treating acne scars.