Best Treatment for Premature Fine Lines on Forehead and Smile Lines?

I'm in my late 20s. 

Turning Back the Signs of Time with Laser Treatments and Fillers

Generally, we like to recommend a combination of skin care treatments to reverse the signs of aging and sun-damage with IPL & Genesis laser treatments followed by an appropriate filler for the lines around the mouth and Botox or Dysport to relax forehead wrinkles.  You might consider 2 laser treatments/ year and begin to use Botox every 3-4 months as needed .

San Juan Capistrano Physician

Fraxel For Fine Lines on Forehead and Smile Lines

Signs of premature aging are usually caused by sun damage. UV rays cause oxygen molecules in the skin to become unstable. As you may have already learned, these are called free radicals which act like scavengers, trying to regain their missing electrons from the tissues in your body. This oxidation process is what damages collagen structures in your skin, which then looses its firmness.

Fraxel helps correct photodamage by enabling the skin to synthesize new collagen fibers. This is accomplished by deliberately applying heat to the dermal layer of the skin, which will then react as though it was injured and created collagen to repair itself.

Botox may be able to help relax the muscles on your forehead to diminish the appearance of the fine lines.

Make sunscreen a daily habit to protect your skin and prevent additional lines. 

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

TREATMENT OF FINE FACIAL LINES

Without photos of these fines line it is difficult to make a specific recommendation.  It sounds like Botox should work nicely to minimize these lines.  I would consult with a Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for early fine aging lines of the face

The lines you describe are caused by muscle movement. Early in the evolution of these aging lines paralysis of the muscle with botox or something like botox is the quickest, easiest and most reliable way to get rid of the lines. The only drawback is it is temporary and you will need more injections in the future.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Best treatment for fine lines

I would probably consider using Fraxel to smoothen out the fine lines and also some Botox or Dysport to relax the muscles that are causing them. More etched in lines can be treated with CO2 laser like the Ultrapulse.

Topical products such as Retin A or Lifting Serum from my product line scientificskin.com may also help.

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon