Is surgery my only option for acne scarring?

Hi iv been too my doctor and said the only option for my scarring is surgery I was just wondering if this is a good option and could I end up looking better after the operation I have severe acne scarring . thanks

Acne Scar Treatment

There is no photo of your acne so it is difficult to suggest any treatment.  An excellent non-surgical way to treat acne is with Fraxel laser.  Fraxel has revolutionized acne scar treatment.  After several sessions spaced one month apart, the acne scars are improved and there is little downtime.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Fraxel and acne.

Options for acne scarring

There are many ways to improve on acne scars.  But, different types of scars, and different skin types have an impact on what techniques would be best.  Also your tolerance for downtime and recovery influences the choices to be made.  Possibly; and maybe likely, combinations of approaches would give you the best result.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who will work with you to design an approach that will fit your needs and give the best outcome.  

Pamela Carr, MD
Sugar Land Dermatologic Surgeon