Is there anyway to help improve my scars? (photos)

I have acne scars on my face that are bothering me. Mostly my laugh lines, what treatments are recommended?

Yes, many methods to improve acne scars.

Yes, first of all I like to see my patients under angled lighting to see where the scars lie, and the shadows they cast. To answer your question, yes, many methods to treat scars including fractional lasers, RF, Microneedling and most importantly fillers (especially to your laugh lines). Video below will explain fully how I approach acne scars, all the bestDr Davin Lim Laser and aesthetic dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Hidef Acne Scar Protocol for acne scars

Our Hidef Acne Scar Protocol is ideal; including fractional lasers, fractional RF, subcision, fillers, Yag lasers, and skin tightening. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

For acne scarring a combination approach is needed to get the best outcome. I suggest you see an expert who can get you on a short and long term plan including lasers, fillers, subcision, and skin care. There are a lot of options for improving the nasolabial folds (smile lines) and this often means fillers for the folds themselves but also lifting around the mouth and cheeks to build underlying anatomical support.

Scarring or laugh lines bothering you?

In darker skin types like yours, acne scars are best treated with the Infini. It takes a series of 3 or more treatments to get improvement. There won't be complete resolution of the scars. Laugh lines require filler. Any HA filler can be used there.

Steven F. Weiner, MD