Soft, shiny pink skin after scab came off? (photo)

About 5 days ago, I had a pimple that I put toner on. Unfortunately it burn and eventually my skin started to peel away. At first it was a wound that didnt bleed but leaked clear liquid, and then a scab formed. It came off in the shower, and now there is soft, shiny pink skin left after the scab. The wound is completely closed. It's very flat.What is this? How long will it take to heal? How should I treat it?

Wound Care

It is important to see a board certified dermatologist regarding this fresh facial wound. It is easier to treat this before it becomes a scar. Good luck. Dr. Heffernan

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Needs Wound Care-lasers, scar treatment

These need topical wound healing gel, creams and sun protection to prevent hyperpigmentation.  I suggest seeing a dermatologist who specializes in lasers and scar treatment to help prevent any long term issues.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Burn injury on cheek

This needs an evaluation to get your best results. I would see a derm or Plastic Surgeon. It is much easier to treat this now than treat a worse scar in the future. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD