What can I do to get rid of acne scars and black marks? (Photo)

Starting from last year I started getting Acne and now it's left scars and dark black spots all over my face.. its embarrassing and uncomfortable.... I have tried creams to face wash.. please help

Acne and PIH in type 6 skin

I would treat acne with Retin A and PIH with hydroquinone at first. If not better, add chemical peels. If acne not controlled, you might need more topical therapy like clindamycin or more. Please see a Derm for this. If scarring remains, Infini is a good choice. 

Active Acne and scars. Englewood Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, you have active acne, post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, and raised papules from previous scars. Each would be treated separately and differently. My suggestion would be to treat the active acne first and then consider  the acne scars at a later time. The hyperpigmentation can be treated with  bleaching creams and chemical peels. Treatment for the raised papules  would start with injections of Verapamil or 5 fluorouracil. Should you need additional treatment, ablative and non-ablative lasers could be added. A recent presentation regarding using micro needling for these type of scars was made at the Dermatology annual meeting. Find a  scar expert. Ask to see photos. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Black spots and dark marks and best treatment NYC

I see a great deal of patients who suffer from these hyperpigmented spots.  The best course of treatment are Retinoids and bleaching creams with chemical peels.  Please be certain to consult an expert especially with darker skin.  Best, Dr. Green