What are Bridging Acne Scars?

Please explain what bridging acne scars look like and how they can be treated.

Bridging acne scars

I treat bridging or marsupialized acne scars with minor acne scar surgery to release the bridge. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Reaself100 Surgeon

Bridging Acne Scars Explained New York City

Acne Scars that are "bridged" usually means that the acne was so severe that it has healed with a scar that bridges and forms a tract between a large area - two discrete area.  These scars are some of the most difficult to treat and can require surgery.  Please consult an expert in scars for the best treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

Bridging acne scars? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs, NJ

Bridging acne scars are usually seen with severe cystic acne. When acne scars are lined by skin and a tract is formed between two large areas, the skin on the surface is called an acne scar bridge. There are many treatments for acne scar bridges. Most involve treating the epithelial lined tract that connect via the bridge.  Some examples include TCA cross and excision. Treatment of acne scar bridges are complicated. I recommend that you see an acne scar expert. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon