Which is the best treatment for acne scars - Fractora, Infini, or Endymed Intesif?

Hello, I am seeking treatment for acne scarring and have been to a few different consultations where the following procedures were recommended: Fractora, Infini and Endymed Intensif. Since these all use RF, what is the major difference between them? Is one system more effective than the others? Thank you for your help!

Treating Acne Scars

A combination approach is the best way to treat your acne scars.  Lasers such as  Fraxel, eMatrix and injections to fill these deep scars with Sculptra and Restylane and PRP with Microneedling.  Please make a consultation with an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Best approach is a combined tailored one for acne scars.

See the video below, to answer your question, of all the 3 devices, INFINI RF works the best. Insulated needles deliver the energy where its needed. Having said that, its never about the device, its about treating the scar type and the method. Video explains. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

A combination treatment in a single session works best to remove all types of acne scars.

I recommend a combination of treatments that include tumescent anesthesia, subcision of rolling scars, a blending chemical peel or laser resurfacing, Fraxel Repair laser to acne scar areas and punch excision and suture of pitted acne scars.  With this combination of treatment, it is possible to obtain an average of 72% percentage improvement in a single treatment session with about one week of down time.  

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scars on Face/Body -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), TCA Cross, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Tattooing, Surgery

Acne scars usually need a combination of treatments. These will be determined by an individual consult and the type of scars you have. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Best for acne scars

Radiofrequency has been in medicine for over 50 years, longer than laser use. Results speak for themselves. The Infini has shown remarkable results in treating acne scars and many of the leading dermatologists are switching from lasers to Infini for their acne scar treatments. It is a safe, quick, and low downtime procedure. Fractora is not a fractional RF and therefore is more risk and more discomfort. It and the Intensif are noninsulated needles and that leads to more risk for the epidermis and colored skin. There is one depth needle on Fractora that is insulated but Infini has variable depths from 0.1 to 3.5mm. Look at the examples of cases with the Infini and you'll see the acne scar results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Fractora, Infini, endymed for acne scarring using radiofrequency

Radiofrequency is a relatively new approach to acne scarring . In my experience I usually wait for at least five to ten years for new technology to prove itself. There's too many new treatments in the past such as Thermage fractional resurfacing U therapy & every time a new procedure comes up there's always a lot of hype. A lot of times I feel like the results just don't show a major difference. I think acne scarring can't be treated with just one modality toda. There's too many things to be changed with acne scarring that you can't just treat it with just one Magic Bullet. I think there's a number of different elements about acne scarring that presents different needs from the modality standpoint. I think that acne scarring needs to be treated with multiple treatments and you can do this all in one treatment. Find someone that can do all of these treatments with with one combined treatment and hopefully can be done in a few hours.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon