Is it OK to have a regular facial directly after a photofacial?

Photo Facial

Thank you for your question in regards to photo facials.  It would be best to space out these treatments to avoid irritation of your skin. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Facial after Photofacial

It's better to space the treatments a couple weeks apart to give your skin a rest after a photofacial treatment. Allow those dark spots to flake off naturally by itself.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Facials after Photo-facials

Facials can be typically performed two to three weeks following photo-facials.  It is important to be evaluated by your physician so that your treatment can be tailored to your individual needs.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Facials and IPL

a facial without peel before IPL is safe. I would not do this directly after IPL to prevent any skin damage/sensitivity.  Best, Dr. Emer.