Non Surgical Scar Treatment

These scars i received 2 months ago from a fight. I dont remember how my face got cut and i didnt go for stiches but i was left with 2 scars. Im wondering what i can do to fade or lessen the apperance of the scars keeping in mind i cant afford surgury???

Doctor Answers 2

Non Surgical Scar Revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are topical options.  Silicone sheeting may be another option. Consult with 2 - 3 plastic surgeons in your area to explore your options.

West Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

Topical Scar Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Many topical treatments will help. Scar tissue can be melted no matter how old it is or what made it as long as it is either overgrown or still growning. If it is sunken, nothing will work.
Topical silicone sheeting helps raise the enzyme that melts scar tissue, but is a bit cumbersome. Scarguard does it also.  It is a liquid that dries to an almost invisible flexible film sheet. You can never erase a scar but this product will make it look better. It is dispensed by a lot of plastic surgeons after surgeies and injuries to lessen scars.


Read the ingredients of many products. Some are onion juice!, Some have no basis in science at all. Many are silicone sheets that fall off and are ugly. At least if you glue them on, they work. Scarguard works and is easier. 

Sure, you can operate and revise a scar, get cortisone shots and do a lot of more aggressive things, but start with Scarguard. At the very least it will help. Often, its all that is needed. 

Joel Studin, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.