Scar on forehead causing emotional distress and suffering. What can be done? Please help!

I have a bad scar from an accident. Plastic surgery repair resulted in this! What can be done to fix this? What is wrong with my scar and why is it so noticeable? Please help, I am devastated because of this scar. My quality of life has been greatly diminished and rarely leave my house and only with a hat on.

Doctor Answers 2

Scar on Forehead

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It's hard to tell from just one photo but the scar could possibly be reexcised and resutured to create a finer, linear, horizontal scar.  I recommend that you get an opinion from an experienced dermatologic or plastic surgeon.  There may be other treatment options as well such as filler injections.  

Scar on Forehead -- Needs fractional laser/RF, microneelding/PRP

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I have found great success in using nonablative lasers (fraxel) or radiofrequency (viva) on scars like this with microneedling. I suggest seeing a scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.