I am concerned that the surgical marker ink is "in" my wound/scar, is this possible?

Laser therapy after a poor scar with tattoo

This is quite possible and should resolve. If not, I would suggest Q switch laser therapy and Plato's Scar Serum to help with the tattoo. 
Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Surgical Marker Ink Left on Body

I would suggest following up with your physician for an in person assessment. He or she will know what type of pen was used, and if in fact this is not ink you are noticing, the wound can be further evaluated. Best, Dr. Emer

Surgical marker in the wound

Most surgical markers are created to be temporary, such that they are dissolved by the body if they are not wiped away by the end of surgery.  In rare circumstance, a physician may use a different type of marker that is not a surgical marking pen and this theoretically may tattoo an incision.  I would encourage you to speak with your surgeon as only your surgeon knows what pen was used on your wound.

Best of luck.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD