I Have a Rash And/or Skin Discoloration on my Neck/collarbone? What is It?

What are these rings on my neck and collarbone? They dont itch. Just make me very selfconscious. Is there a home remedy to get rid of them?

Doctor Answers 1

Dark spots rash

You need to see a dermatologist for diagnosis. One can not make a diagnosis via reviewing a photograph. Slightly tan colored areas need to be examined to see if they are perfectly flat or barely raised, check for texture, easy scaling. Pigmentation is caused by different things compared with raised growths that look brown but are not pigmented.  A common condition to cause brownish slightly scaling lesions is a normal yeast on our skin called Tinea (or Pityrosporum) Versicolor. This is easily treated.  Pigmented lesions could be caused by vitamin deficiencies, or a reaction to medication that is taken by mouth. Please see a dermatologist.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.