Best Procedure to Fix Indented Scar on Forehead? (photo)

I had an unexplained red swelling on my forehead a year ago and when it finally subsided, it left these ugly indent scars on my forehead. Whats the best way to fix this? Can some kind of filling or graft be used to fill in the indent? There's no pain or sensitivity in that area BTW Appreciate your responses.

Doctor Answers 2

Scar revision in Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Scar revision may be your best option to reduce scarring on the forehead.  Laser and subcision will only provide limited improvement. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

Indented scars on forehead

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi, there are several ways to improve indented scars. As you mentioned fillers are an option but will only temporarily plump up the scars and you will need to re-inject them every so often. Grafting is not a good idea in that area. Lasers can also be used to help remodel and soften the scars. In my experience this would be the best way to approach these types of issues. I would recommend seeing someone with advanced training in lasers such as a dermatologist.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.