What are these small bumps and how can they be treated? (Photo)

I use to have very clear skin and recently I've been getting these tiny very small red bumps that sometimes have a white head on them. They are very small. I get them mostly on the sides of my face but I really do get them all over my face and they first started on my chest and they are still there as well. The only different thing I did was change my birth control to a pill. But I was under the impression that that was suppose to help acne. I want clear skin :(

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to assess your skin through photographs, but it looks like you have multiple closed comedones, also known as whiteheads. In my experience, the best way to treat comeones is with a topical retinoid, such as Retin-A, tretinoin, adapalene, Differin, etc. The purpose of the these medications is to gently exfoliate your skin to bring the comedones to the surface of the skin for removal. Alternative therapies include facials, chemical peels, or extractions. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your skin evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suits your skin.