Please someone help, I can't handle the condition of my face anymore. (photos)

I went through years of bad cystic acne and it has finally gotten to smaller ace, I have even stopped wearing male up. But even when it has cleared up the scarring and uneven texture, firmness, and hyperpigmentation is awful. I don't go out anymore, I have banned all mirrors from bathrooms and my bedroom, my depression has dangerously gotten worse, if I go out I hide my face. And then I go out and see this in pictures... Please someone tell me what to do I can't take it anymore.

Doctor Answers 4

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

I am sorry you are struggling with acne scarring. This can be treated with a combination approach of lasers (Fractional Laser Resurfacing), peels, skin care and microneedling and fillers. I suggest consulting with an experienced cosmetic dermatologist who can evaluate your skin type and type of scarring for optimal treatment and results. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

There is hope!

Thank you for your question. Please don't despair! There is hope! In today's world there are many ways to treat significant acne scarring. Some of the best ways to do this, are radio frequency energy-based devices in combination with micro needling such as in a device called Infini or intensif, or nonablative fractional laser such as ICON. A series of three or four treatments one month apart can result in significant improvement of your acne scarring. In addition, if you have recurrent acne please discuss with your doctor about prescription and topical retinoid's. Good luck!

Neda Vanden Bosch, MD
West Palm Beach Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

Bad acne scarring and depression


I'm terribly sorry to hear how bad you are feeling about your skin. When I look at those photos I see a beautiful woman with a beautiful smile having fun with friends. 

When you write statements like "I can't take it," it makes me worried that you are unsafe. If you are feeling unsafe, please get help immediately. 

It's understandable that your appearance affects how you feel about yourself. I think your next best steps are to see two professionals - someone for guidance and counseling to help your mood, help you handle these feelings, and also a board certified dermatologist to help you with your skin blemishing and scarring. There is help available - you should not feel hopeless! 

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you. 

Elizabeth Geddes-Bruce, MD, MS
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Skin texture concerns

First of all, you are beautiful. This is a problem of skin texture, it does not define you. You would do well to get onto a medical grade skin care line that emphasizes exfoliation, like ZO Medical Hyperpigmentation Kit, and find a place that does microneedling facials with PRP- the so called Vampire Facial, to enhance your collagen and remodel the old collagen.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician
4.7 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.