What is the best recommendation for cellulite on the backs of my legs?

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Cellulite Platinum treatment with Cellfina, ThermiSmooth and Vela3

85% of women are affected by bumpy, dimpled, unappealing cellulite. As cellulite is caused by fibrous bands underneath the skin that compress fat, diet and exercise do little to help the appearance of this condition. Clinical treatments offer the most effective and longest lasting results. My office recommends three different procedures: ThermiSmooth, VelaShape 3, and Cellfina

• .— Cellfina is the newest FDA approved treatment for cellulite. Unlike the others, it is a one-time, minimally invasive procedure during which a safe, small needle-like tool is inserted to the target tissue to break apart the excessive fibrous connective tissue that causes cellulite. There is minimum downtime and the amazing results from one treatment last at least two years, longer than any other cellulite treatment.

Subcision For Dimpled Cellulite; Nonsurgical Body Vectoring For Wavy, Rippled Cellulite

Without photos, it is difficult to say what is best for your cellulite. Most women demonstrate both kinds, the deep dimples variety and the more wavy variety. Subcision works well for deep, well defined dimples. I have been using inexpensive, routine subcision, under local, with larger bore trochars, to break up the abnormal fibrous bands that tether the overlying skin down and are responsible for the dimpling. I really see no advantage to the newer, more expensive device for subcision that uses suction, since the dimple can be easily elevated manually and the  cutting needle inserted at the appropriate depths without the need for the pomp, circumstance, marketing hype and expense of the newest bells and whistles suction part of the device. The additional use of a volumizing filler, such as Voluma XC or Radiesse Plus (which I would opt for in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice) or Stylage XXL and Emervel Volume (my choices in my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers are available) further promotes immediate elevation of the depression and via a biostimulatory effects, further stimulates new, native collagen and elsatic fiber production. For the wavy, rippled variety of cellulite, the use of a filler, injected in the thighs in a particular manner that has been called in the medical literature, "the body vectoring tecnique" can help to smooth and tighten the skin and diminish the unwanted rippling. Both subcision for cellulite and the nonsurgical vectoring technique are advanced techniques, so it would be wise to seek out a board certifed aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in the above procedures and not simply medspas or physicians hawking this or that supposedly "latest and greatest" new device. For more information on any of the above, check out thea rchives of RealSelf.com. Best of luck to you.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Cellulite – Hi Def Lipo, Cellfina, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone, Venus Legacy/Zimmer Z Wave, Vanquish, Sculptra, Ultherapy

Cellfina is the best treatment with cellulite and can be combined with ultherapy, sculptra, venus legacy/exilis treatments. Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cellfina Provides Improvement In Cellulite That Lasts

Hello and thank-you for your question!

Cellfina is the latest break though for the treatment of cellulite. Cellfina targets the fibrous bands which are the source of the dimpling in cellulite. It is most effective for the treatment of deep dimples and depressions of the buttocks and back of the thighs. It is less effective in the treatment of generalized waviness. Cellfina is a minimally invasive treatment performed in the office. We are seeing an extremely high level of satisfaction for our patients treated with Cellfina. The investigational studies for Cellfina have just been released and have shown an impressive patient satisfaction rate of 85% at 3 months, 94% at one year and 96% at 2 years. This is a very exciting solution for the many women who suffer from the embarrassment of cellulite.

Cellfina has received FDA clearance for the treatment of cellulite of the buttocks and back of the thighs. We are currently limiting our treatments to these areas. It is less effective for treatment of generalized waviness seen with skin laxity. With time, further studies will be completed to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of Cellfina in other areas.

Best Regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Cellfina

Cellfina is the best treatment for dimpled cellulite of the posterior thigh and buttock.  It does depend on skin looseness whether or not these areas can be treated effectively.

Cellulite

Thank you for your question. Cellulite can be treated with Cellfina. It is a minimally invasive procedure that can address the dimpled cellulite. There is also Profound. It treats more superficially than the Cellfina, however the results may not be as extreme or last as long. It is best to consult with a local physician to determine the best treatment for your situation. Good luck!

Janet Allenby, DO
Delray Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellulite

Thank you for your question. Many women have cellulite. This is the result of tiny little fibers pulling down on the skin. There has never been a good treatment for cellulite until now. Cellfina is a new high tech micro invasive techniques that gets rid of frustrating cellulite. The area is numbed up with a micro needle. A micro blade is utilized to divide those fibers. My patients have told me how surprised they were that it was almost painless. The patients have been very happy with their results. You would have to be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon to see if you're a candidate. I hope you find this information helpful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Cellfina for Cellulite Reduction

Thank you for your question. Cellfina is the only FDA cleared, minimally invasive procedure clinically proven to reduce the appearance of cellulite for results that last at least two years – the longest duration cleared by the FDA. Cellfina treats the structural cause of cellulite, the connective bands woven through out the fat causing them to release and remove the dimpling.  Not everyone is a candidate for Cellfina so I would recommend an in person exam to determine candidacy. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

I would recommend Cellulaze for the back of your thighs

Cellulaze is FDA approved and can give a nice improvement. it is a single treatment which is done in my office with local anesthetic and some oral sedation, However the oral sedation is optional. you will continue to improve for 6 months.

There are no treatments that can make your cellulite go away 100% so you must be realistic.

david berman md