Can mirasmooth be used to remove white colourless hairs from areas other than the armpits, such as the shoulders and back?

I've had laser hair removal done on my body (shoulders and back) which was very effective, however I still have many white hairs which I realized the laser cannot remove. can mirasmooth help remove these hairs?

MiraSmooth on the back and shoulder

Yes it could. It would be an off label use from the FDA standpoint in the U.S.

Best
Dr H Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Buffalo Phlebologist

MiraSmooth for hair on back

I have spoken to the company about this and of course they say they can't advise given the off-label question.  That part of their answer I already knew but what I was most interested about was what depth the handpiece penetrates to at maximum treatment level of 5.  Their answer was to 5mm.  I cannot foresee any contraindication to using MiraDry/MiraSmooth on the back in an attempt to remove the hairs given the depth of penetration.  Whether it works is another question and an interesting one.  Best of luck!

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD
Charlotte Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair removal?

Currently MiraDry and miraSmooth treatments are FDA approved for the underarm area. I would not recommend trying it in other parts of the body until that has been shown to be safe. Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD