Any suggestions for Acne scarring? (photos)

What course of treatments (v beam, fraxel, microdermabrasion, etc) would be suitable for the erythema and the true textural scarring? Skin has stopped breaking out and in a few more months after I'm sure that this is a true remission I plan on targeting the scarring (erythema and texture). Is there an ideal scar age when a certain treatment type has the greatest effect? From the photos is it possible to assess whether 'normal' ie able to leave the house without make up on can be achieved?

Red Marks from Acne and what to do about These types of scars

Based on the pictures your scars don't look severe and mainly the most significant aspect of your scars is the red appearance from the healing from acne. So I don't detect significant depressions or other types of ice pick or rolling or boxcar scars. If that is the case and if that's what you see then you probably just need laser resurfacing and likely more directed treatments towards the red spots. This takes experience though and being too aggressive could cause more scarring.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser treatments for erythema and texture

Once the skin has stopped breaking out and there is some residual redness or erythema I like to treat this first and then target any textural changes. I typically use the V beam laser which is excellent for addressing vascularity or redness. Usually 1- 3 treatments  are needed to give you an optimal result. Scars change over the course of about a year and change from a pink / red scar to a more "mature" or white scar during that time. Mild textural changes or scarring can be improved with a fractional laser treatment once the redness has resolved and the scar has "matured".

Stephen Small, DO
Toms River Plastic Surgeon