Effects of Total fx pigmentation, does bleaching creams work to make them go away ? (acne scar treatment)

i have pale middle eastern skin and I am 25 years old. I went to a consultation today and my doctor advised me to do three total fx treatments and it would give me 80% improvement. He was very honest with me when he told me I would be at a high chance for pigmentation issues. (My skin would get darker) he also said that there is bleaching creams for it. Are there any other side effects I should be worried about? I have moderate acne scars and a mixture of ice pick, box scars all over my cheeks

Middle Eastern with Acne scars

In my opinion, you need to divide your acne scars based upon type. The boxcars would benefit from subcision and microneedle radio frequency (Infini). This technique does spare the epidermis. For the ice pick scars, TCA cross or microneedling with or without radio frequency can be effective.  Any treatment that is aggressive enough to improve the superficial  portions of your lesions, has the potential to cause hyper pigmentation. Therefore, I would recommend a bleaching cream with any procedure for pits if you have a history of hyperpigmentation. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

EMatrix for Acne Scars

With your pigmentation and problem I would advise you not to have Total FX but consider eMatrix.  You would also need at least three treatments but would not have any problems with pigmentation.  I have found that the pigmentation issues with Total FX can be almost as problematic as the scars.  Best, Dr. Green