Desperate need of expert advice. What is the best acne scar removal method I can use to remove these scars? New York (Photo)

I have had acne scarring for about 10 years now. And it's a living night mare. I have ice pick scars, box scaring and enlarged pores mainly on my cheek area. It's so many I cannot count. I don't even know what to rate them honestly, whether they are moderate to mild or mild to severe? I plan on seeing a dermatologist soon to get their expert opinion. However, I'm wondering what useful information I can get from other experts. Please advise. Living in this skin is a nightmare.

Options for acne scars in Los Angeles

I would use a combination of Ematrix RF, fractional laser, fractional co2 laser, Clear and Brilliant, subcision, and chemical peels to improve the acne scars on your face. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

12 month program....

Acne scar revision is a specialised field. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments. For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgery.

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars. For more info on all scar revision procedure acnespecialists.com.au 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scar Treatments

Acne scars are very difficult to treat but I have found that it takes a combination of treatments and several treatments of lasers to improve these scars. Micro needling, injections of Restylane, and eMatrix and Fraxel lasers are the best combination to help you.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic treatments.  Best, Dr. Green