Treatment after scab falls off. What should I do to avoid scarring? (Photo)

Scab fell off on own in shower. Should I be applying Vit e yet, or Aquaphor, Neosporin, scar cream or nothing? It is red and look irritated, but not really bothersome. Day 36 post op. Posting before scab loss and after, both sides, both ears. PS vague about care of area for now. Says ok to leave dry, ok to Aquaphor, but I want to avoid scarring and some people seem to start almost immediately with vit E capsules or Scarguard. Thanks!

Scar Care after Surgery

First and foremost, follow your surgeon's instructions.

In general, vigilant use of moisturizing lotion and sunscreen are helpful.

I have attached a link to my scar care instructions.

If you want another opinion, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.