I just noticed these fine lines that popped up underneath my eyelids; I would like to know the best treatment for them? (Photos)

I am 23 years old. I just noticed these fine lines that popped up underneath my eyes for NO REASON out of no where! I know it's not from sun damage because I barely go outside. I go outside to get in my car to go place to place. when I do go outside I wear sunglasses.I would like to know where these came from and the best treatment for them. Lasers maybe?They aren't from lack of sleep either. I sleep a lot.(I have makeup on in the bottom pic that doesnt make them as visible in the bottom one I

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

Lasers, fillers, microneedling/PRP do very well to treat this area. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Under-eye Lines

Hello!  Thank you for your question, and for sharing your photos. Under eye wrinkles are a very common concern.  Generally speaking, there are 3 things which cause aging: (1) muscle contraction, primarily in the upper face, can cause expression lines to be come etched into the skin.  (2) volume loss along the cheek bones can lead to hollowing under the eyes, and lines of the lower face.  (3)   The skin itself becomes weak and  stretchy with time due to loss of collagen.  Underneath the eye all 3 of these things come together to create the perfect storm.  I do not see volume loss under your eyes yet, and those lines do not appear muscular either - so Botox and Filler are not necessary for you yet.The best answer for you is to do a series of treatments to stimulate the skin to grow more collagen, which will reduce those lines.  Skin will regrow collagen, but only when it thinks that it has been wounded.  Therefore, all collagen increasing treatments are based on the concept of the controlled wound.  You do something to the skin, create some small amount of damage, and the skin responds by growing more collagen.  Lasers use heat to create this controlled wound, peels use acids, and microneedling uses physical puncture, however, they are all "getting at" the same healing response.   For under eye line such as yours, I generally recommend  a series of microneedling, which can go all the way to the lash line. You are young - and seem to have very healthy skin - and I predict that you will have a wonderful results! congratulations on starting early! It is always easier to prevent than correct!

Under Eye Wrinkles

Thank you for your question and we understand your concerns.  We recommend you find an experienced physician in your local market.  You would probably benefit from a combination approach based on your needs and budget.  After a complete consultation, we normally recommend various options from physician grade products, BOTOX/XEOMIN, filler and possible lasers.  It really depends your needs, concerns and budget.  It may be as simple as BOTOX/XEOMIN injections every 3-6 months and ALWAYS wear a quality sunscreen.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician