Can I drink a tea detox while on my Accutane treatment?

I've used accutane 30mg for 2 months and i wanted to know if it's okay to drink my teatox while I'm on the treatment, I'm worried that the efficacy could be bad Because of the laxatives in the tea.

Thanks for your query. 1 cup of detox tea won’t harm the efficacy of accutane. The things which should be avoided are vitamin a or its derivates they are totally contraindicated. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Accutane use and drinking detoxification tea

Thank you for your question. Accutane has no contraindications while consuming detoxification tea. Most tea's are excellent antioxidants and will help the inflammation of the acne. 

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Ingredients?

I am not familiar with ingredients in tea . Restrictions with accutane are tetracycline drugs and vitamin a in high doses. That said you could try tea with understanding if you experience any effect you would stop using it.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Accutane and herbals

There is no food contraindication that I am aware of with Accutane. You should be fine, but consult with your prescribing physician.

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tea and accutane

Accutane can cause some metabolic changes including liver toxicity. I would suggest that you make sure the tea does not interfere with these metabolic conditions. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Accutane

We can't answer this question for you as the so called "teatox" is not a medical treatment and we are medical doctors. We also don't know what is in this "teatox". I advise that you take the package of the teatox with you to your next visit with your dermatologist.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon