Acne scar solutions? (Photo)

Easy fix- but you need to clear acne before treatments.

You do need to place your acne in remission, then go for scar revision. You have lots of ice pick scars, so my treatment plan would be- TCA CROSS, 2-3 sessions 6 weeks apart, then INFINI or insulated RF microneedling with PRP- 2-3 sessions. That should get you 70% improvement. If you want more, fully ablative laser can be considered. Video explains the process of acne scar revision. Its always a targeted approach that gives the best outcomes. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Hidef Acne scar protocol in

In our office, we employ a Hidef Acne Scar Protocol that includes subcision, ematrix RF, sublation, fractional lasers, PDL, Yag laser, and fillers to improve your scars. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Acne Treatment Solutions

There are many options to treat acne scarring, so to achieve the best results for your specific case, consult an experienced specialist with a reputable practice. Lasers are a great way to resurface the skin and reduce scars, particularly the Erbium and CO2 lasers. The Erbium laser is a state-of-the-art laser that resurfaces the skin and reduce scars in under an hour. The results are almost instant, and only about 3-4 days of downtime are required. Another option is the CO2 laser. The CO2 laser penetrates the skin deeper than the Erbium; therefore, the results are a little better, but you would need about 7-10 days of downtime. Also, because this laser is more invasive, you do not need multiple treatments like the Erbium. 

At our clinic we often recommend a series of AFT (Advanced Fluorescence Technology) laser treatments for acne scarring as a starting point, it all depends on the patients current skin condition. AFT is an Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) laser technology targets the surface of the skin where prior acne has made the surface uneven and improves the texture, tone, and appearance of skin with minimal downtime.

A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or a dermatologist would be the first step in treating your scars!

I would highly recommend a high quality medical grade skin care routine that contains ingredients that have been developed to treat acne on the face.

Watch the attached link for more info.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

TCA CROSS Technique Quick & Inexpensive For Acne Pit Scars & Dilated Pores

The general rule for acne scar treatment is that since acne scars come in a variety of forms, treatments must individualized (i.e. tailored) to the specifics of the particular patient. From the photos provided, however, pits ("ice pick" scars) and very dilated pores, appear to be far and away the predominant problems here. For these kinds of scars, I have found through the years that The TCA CROSS Technique, using either full strength TCA or more recently also full-strength phenol to be a very helpful and relatively quick and inexpensive approach to treating pits and dilated pores. If necessary, this may be followed by the use of medical microneedling to further blend the tone and texture of the treated areas with the surrounding normal skin.  Unfortunately, I have not been impressed with expensive fraxels, radiofrequency or ultrasound devices, which are proving themselves to be backed far more by device manufacturer supported marketing hype than hard science. For more information on any of the above, you may check out the archives of RealSelf.com and be certain to consult wtih a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in treating acne scars. Be particularly cautious about places interested in hawking some relatively expensive one-size-fits-all,  "next best thing" device to come along. Best of luck to you.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Solution for Stubborn Acne Scars

Acne scars usually require a combination of treatments. I suggest a series of lasers, fillers, microneedling/PRP to see improvement.  Please see an expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Significant acne scarring - boxcar mainly

This can be improved with combination therapy. I would include Infini, TCA Cross, and possibly Bellafill. You can expect improvements but not resolution of the scars.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne Scar Treatments NY

Your skin would benefit from a combination of chemical peels, V-Beam, and topical creams to improve the texture and scars. PRP with microneedling will also help improve your skin. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green