What is the best laser to get rid of this brown spot on my cheek? I have fair skin. (photos)

I've tried ViPeel and chemical peels to get rid of this brown spot on my face. Nothing is working. What is the best laser to get rid of this brown spot? I have fair skin.

Brown Spots on Face -- IPL, Clear + Brilliant/Fraxel, Eclipse Micropen

a combination approach would be great for your skin overall.  That one spot can be treated with q-switched or pico lasers or liquid nitrogen alone.  using a combination of IPL, laser and needling will give a dramatic improvement.  if you are okay with downtime, co2 laser would be great and reverse all the damage.  Find a cosmetic dermatologist with expertise in laser.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Laser

IPL (intense pulse light) or BBL (broad band light) are treatments that can help reduce the appearance of brown spots/sun damage. Also, using a hydroquinone or brightening agent pad to help with the all over appearance of your skin as well. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Resistant brown spots

Hi, I just added a couple of links that might be helpful...

Hi 40inNaples. You should consider a two tier approach-Treatment and prevention. Treatment of the existing pigmentation can be done by a board certified Plastic surgeon and would consist of a proper skin exam, followed by recommendations for topical lightners ( like Hydroquinone, vitamin C, Kojic acid, etc), exfoliation and cell turnover (Retin -A), peels, microneedling and lasers. Some treatments require multiple visits or daily use of products with little downtime, while more aggressive treatments will have some downtime, but results will be evident quickly. revention of more pigmentation involves sunblock application regularly.  Good luck!

See a dermatologist first...

The most important thing is to exclude a skin cancer. THis is unlikely but essential. The next step I would use would be a 532 Q Switch laser. One or two treatments should treat this spot. 

Regards

Dr Davin Lim 
Dermatologist, Brisbane. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist