Dark patch on one cheek, acne scarring, what are my treatment options? (photos)

Hello Doctor, I have a very dark patch of skin on only one cheek. I have tried skin lightening creams but they dont seem to work. I have been having this condition for past 6 years. I do also have acne and scarring problem and acanthosis nigricans on neck and armpits. Could you please suggest what might be my condition and my treatment options.

Clear and Brilliant laser and Melarase

Barring any other skin pathology, I would use a combination of Clear and Brilliant laser, light chemical peels, and Melarase AM and Melarase PM. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

TCA CROSS, INFIINI PRP, the Pico laser

This will be vvvv difficult to treat. Will take at least one year. I would use a combination of TCA CROSS, this will make PIH worse but improve your scars, then flip to Infini RF microneedling and PRP, then finally Picosure Focus laser. This will improve things by up to 50%. All the best, Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

​Dark patch from acne and acne scarring.

It looks like you have some significant hyperpigmentation from your acne process . Sometimes it's temporary but if you had that over a year or 6 months to a year it's likely more permanent. You might just need some form of lightening and you can consider CO2 laser resurfacing. You should understand though, that people with dark skin tend to have a higher risk with CO2 laser resurfacing you can get hypopigmentation hyperpigmentation. Meaning that you could get light and dark spots and you have to understand that risk before doing any sort of CO2 laser resurfacing

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon