Can you please tell me what my options are for treating wrinkles and crepe skin under my eyes? (Photo)

I am 45 , I already get Botox for crows feet. Are there eye creams you can recommend or minimally invasive procedures ?

Doctor Answers 5

Undereye #Wrinkles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Klee 421:

  A properly formulated cream backed by scientific research can make a difference over time,   Look for a high concentration (0.5 to 1 %) #Retinol cream and one with growth factors, such as #Regenica or #TNS.

#Microneedling with # PRP can be very helpful in tightening up the skin under the eyes, as can Pellevé.

I hope this gives you a place to start!

   All the best,   Dr. Clark

Eye wrinkles.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You should be on a retinol to rebuild the collagen under your eyes.  It will take a few months, but you will see the skin improve and wrinkles resolve.

Wrinkles under the Eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Klee421,

Based from your photo, it will be best to consider surgery or at least laser resurfacing of the lower eyelid.

Crepey Skin, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags -- Restylane or Belotero, Clear+Brilliant/Fraxel, Co2/Erbium Laser, Eclipse Micropen/PRP, Viva

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Laser, fillers, microneedling/PRP will give improvement without surgery. Lower blepharoplasty would be a permanent solution. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

Tear Trough Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi there, sometimes we can place botox near the area to assist with the wrinkle directly underneath the eye. However, I think the best plan of action for you would be to use Juvederm Voluma in the undereye region. I regularly have great success in treating this area with Voluma.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.