I have a better scarring, which treatment should I take?

Since 3 years I have this scars, since February I used DermaRoller 0.75mm, they improved a little, a month ago I suffered a breakout of acne and it left new scars and I'm devastated now, they are no ice pick, they're like depressions. Im also on isotretinoin and my skin is dry that's why it looks like that in the photo. In mild light is when they look worse, I need to know which kind of scars they are and how can I treat them. I live in Mexico, I need that info for searching a doctor. Thank you

Close face to face examination needed for scar revision answers

The video will guide you, however you do need to see someone for a face to face evaluation of acne scars. The best results are achieved if scars are individually targeted using methods such as lasers, peels, surgery and filling, as well as the latest devices like microneedling RF and PRP. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Expert in Acne Scar treatments

Treatment of acne scars while on accutane is difficult. However, there are applicable RF and fractional lasers that will work. Seek an expert.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Acne Scars

Accutane will hopefully stop further acne and scarring on your skin.  I would then suggest a combination of fillers such as Restylane, Bellafill, or Volbella for the scars followed by lasers such as eMatrix for your acne scars.  Please consult an expert in acne scars.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne scarring treatment

Pictures would be helpful. Scarring is treated at our office with combination therapy including Infini, Bellafill, subcision, and sometimes PRP. Microneedling is helpful but not as effective as Infini. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Microneedling To Treat Facial Acne Scars

What you are calling a DermaRoller, in our practice we describe as microneedling.  It has proven to be a highly effective way to improve acne scars, as I believe you even observed yourself after the treatment.  

One difference in our protocol, however, is that we draw the patient's blood prior to the microneedling treatment, and, from this sample, extract and purify the patient's own platelet growth factor (PGF).  We then inject this into the micro perforations created in the acne scars by the micro needling procedure.  

The growth factors present in the PGF extract accelerate the wound healing and upregulate the synthesis of elastin and collagen that is stimulated by the microtrauma created by the microneedling. Our microneedling protocol is extremely safe, with very few and rare side effects, and can actually be performed several times each week to optimize and accelerate your results.

Peter Lee, MD, FACS