I'm 23 years old with a lot of skin damage. what can I do? (photo)

Doctor Answers 6

23 years old with a lot of skin damage

You have some options to consider for your skin. Fraxel or Micro Needling would be great for the scarring and skin texture. Both of these take several treatments and good skin care used on a daily basis. Seeing a good Plastic Surgeon or Derm will get you on the right path and it loks like you can see very good results from where you started. Don't give up and I hope wish you good luck.

Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 14 reviews


Hi. I suggest you first see a dermatologist for a close-up skin examination and a tailor-made treatment plan. Lasers can certainly help in your case.

Firas Al-Niaimi, MSc
London Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

​23 year old with a lot of skin damage and how to treat this.

23 year old with a lot of skin damage and how to treat this. You look like you have some early signs of aging as well as some red marks & wrinkling and possibly scars especially on your nasal sidewall. The first thing I would suggest would be co2 lasering to help refresh your skin. You could even consider fillers or fat injections to help rejuvenate your skin as well. For Acne Scarring we have a 5-7 step process that treats all types of acne scars in about 2 hours.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 84 reviews

Skin Damage Solutions--lasers, microneedling/prp, skin care, sun protection

This can be improved with a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp, sun protection and skin care. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

Skin Damage at 23 years of age

Hi Ahmed, the first thing you have to add to your daily regimen is sunscreen. We have a lot of environmental stressors, such as UVA/UVB radiation from the sun, that age our skin faster than it would otherwise. This is the first step to healthier skin. Secondly, visit an expert dermatologist for a consultation on how you can correct the signs that concern you now and further prevent skin aging. Although you have provided a photo, it is difficult to recommend exactly what treatment would suit you best. As it is also a question of your social downtime capabilities, budget and goals, the best approach is to have this discussion with a trusted physician who offers a wide range of laser approaches so that he/she could choose the best one to suit your needs and skin type/tone. Do not underestimate the value of using medical-grade active ingredients as well as they are like proper food for your skin. Best of luck, Manish Khanna, MD

Manish Khanna, MD, FRCP(C)
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

Young with sun damage

Protect from the sun to prevent further damage and skin cancers. I would start a good skin care regime that includes Retin A and a growth factor product and sunscreen. Chemical peels and/or laser resurfacing will help get your skin in better shape.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.