Should I pursue treatment for scar redness and indent after 14 months?

I had a cyst removed by punch excision April 2015, and it was left to heal by secondary intention. I'm not too happy with how the indented scar looks, but I'm not will to do scar excision. It isn't big, about the size of a pencil eraser. The scar will get red randomly from time to time, but it always does when I drink alcohol (pictures included are after 1 drink). I was thinking pulsed dye laser for the redness, and possibly filler to raise the indent.

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Dermaflage/ScarMD, skin lightening

Fillers, microneedling, and skin care can be used to treat this type of scarring as well as PDL or IPL help with redness. Please consult with a board certified dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Ematrix RF and acne scars

Start with a combination of Ematrix RF and subcision; followed by fillers and application of Plato's Scar Serum. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Scar revision

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a scar revision. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD