Should I pursue treatment for scar redness and indent after 14 months?

I had a cyst removed by punch excision April 2015, and it was left to heal by secondary intention. I'm not too happy with how the indented scar looks, but I'm not will to do scar excision. It isn't big, about the size of a pencil eraser. The scar will get red randomly from time to time, but it always does when I drink alcohol (pictures included are after 1 drink). I was thinking pulsed dye laser for the redness, and possibly filler to raise the indent.

Doctor Answers 3

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Dermaflage/ScarMD, skin lightening

Fillers, microneedling, and skin care can be used to treat this type of scarring as well as PDL or IPL help with redness. Please consult with a board certified dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Ematrix RF and acne scars

Start with a combination of Ematrix RF and subcision; followed by fillers and application of Plato's Scar Serum. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Scar revision

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a scar revision. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 131 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.