How to treat my skin condition? Ice pick and discoloration (Photo)

Hi, I'm 38 years old and I'm Malay (Asian), I'm been having acne since I was 17. So I had this problem more than 20 years. I'm not married due to my low self esteem and I lost a lot of opportunity becos of that too. Can I know what the best treatment for my Skin condition?

Ice pick & skin discoloration treatment and improving your low self-esteem

Most of your issues can likely be treated with laser resurfacing. We have a high percentage of Asian clientele likely because I'm an Asian surgeon working on acne scarring. We have had people come from all over the world including the Netherlands, Italy, &  Singapore for our acne scar treatments. We have a unique approach to acne scarring that you may or may not need. The acne scar laser is a 5-7 step process that is done in about 2 hours from multiple layers and levels.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Faders, TCA CROSS and PicoSure

Treating scarring, especially in darker skin types, is especially a challenge, often requiring preparation, aftercare and multiple modalities.  To fade and prefade, I will often prescribe fading agents with hydroquinone and vitamin A.  I would then utilise TCA CROSS to tackle the icepick scars (looking at between 1-3 sessions).  More recently, I have also been successfully utilising the PicoSure picosecond laser, especially for darker skin-types, to help both pigmentation and scarring in the same session.  There is no downtime and I usually aim for 4-5 sessions spaced about 3 wks apart.  Best wishes, Shobhan.

Ice Pick Scars and Skin Discoloration in Asian Skin NYC

I treat many Asian skin who suffer from pigmentation and scars.  The pigmentation is best treated with a combination of Cosmelan and chemical peels.  The acne scars usually are best treated with the eMatrix since this laser is "color blind" and allows you to penetrate and treat these deep scars regardless of skin type.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green