What treatment would it me best for acne scarring. (photo)

I was told punch excision would be best from the plastic surgeon i saw.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

This type of scarring needs a combination approach likely with a series of treatments including subcision, tca cross, punch excisions and lasers/fillers. Please see an expert who can tailor their approach to your needs. Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne scarring treatment

I wouldn't do punch excision of these. I would do Infini and/or Bellafill. There is a growing consortium of physicians which say the best treatment for acne scars seems to be Infini over laser treatments. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Treatment of Acne Scars

It is likely that your scars would respond nicely to subscision, which manually breaks up scar tissue ( in my office I use a stiff but blunt tipped microcannula placed just under the surface of the skin, to minimize bruising). It's especially nice to combine this with injection of Bellafill for instant gratification ( volume/plumping) as well as providing ongoing collagen stimulation ( from the Bellafill microspheres).
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Treatment of acne scar

Thank you for your question.  Acne scarring can be a very frustrating condition patients and physicians alike.  It does appear that you're scarring can be improved significantly.  A photograph does not replace an examination(but it appears that he would be an excellent candidate for subcision as an initial approach. 

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon