I'm not sure what kind of scars these are? (Photos)

When I feel my face it feels so smooth like there isn't any pitted scars and the red dots will not go away. I'm pretty sure these are scars from my cystic acne that I had about 5 years ago and I haven't done any laser surgery just been using products and face masks but I would like to know what they are and how I can fix them.

Doctor Answers 3

Atrophic acne scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Atrophic acne scars can be improved with a combination of ematrix RF, fractional lasers, co2 laser, subcision, and fillers. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

Rolling and atrophic acne scars.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Mainly these scars, they can be treated with a variety of methods including fractional devices. My favourite is the INFINI RF, I prefer this over CO2, often combining this with PRP. Given the angles, you may need subcision and dermal fillers down the line. All the bestDr Davin Lim Laser and aesthetic dermatologist. 

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I suggest seeing an expert this type of treatment needs a combination of options such as lasers, TCA cross, microneedling etc. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.