How can stretch marks on hips and inner thighs be treated? What is the reasonable expectation? (photos)

I have many stretch marks around my thighs and hips. What are the best treatments to remove the marks? Can they be removed completely? If not, to what extent can my skin improve? Also, the marks have lighter color. Did I destroy melanocytes? Can my skin color change back to normal?

Two options for Stretch Marks

Hi J.  We use ablative and non-ablative lasers as options for stretch marks.  In your particular situation, we have both a loss of color and an indentation (the sunken part).  For color loss, there is very little that can be done but for the texture, improving the depth and with of the stretch marks is the goal.  Stretch marks are a scar like many others and are difficult to remove completely so you should always go in with the expectation that you will be satisfied with improvement rather than complete removal.  To see examples of improvement for our Los Angeles stretch mark patients, click on the link below.  

Stretch Marks -- Microneedling/PRP, Laser, Skin Care/Peels, Sculptra Injections

I suggest seeing an expert for a consultation.  Lasers, microneedling/PRP, and sculptra can help.  Best, Dr. Emer.