Can getting a facial before a clear and brilliant + micro needling + prp be beneficial?

I have an appointment booked for next week for microneedling + prp + clear and brilliant to help reduce my acne scars, wide pores and still blotchy skin. I've had a few recent breakouts and clogged pores and wondering if I should get a facial with extractions before hand and if so how much time should I let my face recover ? Or is it not recommended?

Facial before Microneedling + PRP

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
At our practice we strongly encourage monthly facials as well as facials as prep before laser and/or microneedling treatments.  It is beneficial to the results of the laser or microneedling + PRP as it softens and exfoliates the epidermis to allow better and deeper penetration of your corrective procedure.  Facials are also helpful post procedure at about two weeks to debride dead skin cells kicked up by more invasive non-surgical procedures.

Hydra Facials or european style facials include lymphatic drainage for puffiness, dark circles under eyes and facial swelling, manual lymph massage as well as glycolic peel and extractions.  Much like a personal trainer encourages clean dieting, our medical aesthetician encourages proper home skin care regimens with Skin Medica products to partner with consistent monthly facials in addition to corrective laser and microneedling/PRP treatments.

We encourage the use of mineral based sunscreens like Elizabeth Arden PRO SPF 50 moisturizer with repair enzymes or Skin Medica Physical Defense Sunscreen SPF 30 for travel and outdoor use on children, adults and seniors.  Our mineral based tinted moisturizing makeup Oxygenetix is also very popular with our patients who use it daily or to hide microneedling, laser and injection side effects and downtime.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Facial Prior PRP Microneedling and Clear and Brilliant

Hi! Thanks for your question! Yes, you can go for a facial prior to undergoing PRP Microneedling and Clear and Brilliant. Facials prior to microneedling treatments have its perks, too! It is helpful to the treatments since facials can soften as well as exfoliate the skin. This will allow deeper penetration and better serum absorption.

Aside from doing facials prior to the procedures, you may also want to do facials after. Facials after microneedling, roughly 14 days after, can aid in cleaning out dead skin cells. This is also the best time to try facials that will improve your skin’s overall look aside from just cleaning it from dead skin cells. At this point, your skin is highly welcoming with products that will be applied on it. Absorption will be much smoother as well.

Consult your board certified plastic surgeon and inquire about the possible facials that you can have prior to microneedling. Ask if you can have one that will clean out your clogged pores. Hope this helps!

Robert W. Sheffield, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Facial AFTER other treatments

I would advise having a facial after your other treatments as treatments such as the Micro Needling will allow deeper penetration of any products that are applied to your skin. Choose a facial that uses oil free products and is targeted to spot prone skin to minimise the risk of irritation and breakouts.

Can getting a facial before a clear and brilliant + micro needling + prp be beneficial ?

thanks for your query. I would suggest to go in for facial after prp and microneedling and not before as the facial will have more effect. Hope it helps.All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon