How can I get rid of bumps and enlarged pores on my cheeks? Will I age quicker?

I am 21 years old. I have a lot of small bumps underneath my skin on my cheeks, it may be that my skin is congested. I'm not sure. But I also have a problem of having enlarged (massive) pores on my cheeks, which occurred at a very young age, since I was 17! Will this mean I will age faster? I really don't want to look old sooner than I should at least. Please try not to suggest expensive treatments, I cannot do those at the moment. I have tried microdermabrasion, it hasn't made much difference.

Doctor Answers 1


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question, I would recommend a series of microneedling treatments. Microneedling releases any blockage underneath the skin by microscopic needles puncturing the dermis. An immediate decrease in pores is expected after one session. A hydrating serum or PRP (platelet rich plasma) is combined with the microneedling for deeper penetration. This treatment will keep your skin rejuvenated and youthful.

Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 72 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.