Is fat injection permanent if placed in small atrophic scar in the nostril? What technique is recognised for permanent results?

I have an atrophic scar about a year old on my nostril from trauma-size of pepper corn as described by surgeon . I wanted to know how permanent will fat injection be for this type of scar. I have had juvederm placed previously by a different surgeon, do you think the surgeon I choose will need to put a demal filler in to get an idea of how much fat is required? Also how Accurate are fat injections in scars can it end up overfilling, as it is my nose It will be too upsetting.

Subcision and HA fillers

Try to avoid permanent fillers such as silicone or Bellafill. I would opt for subcision, HA fillers, and fractional laser with ematrix RF. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Atrophic Facial Scarring, Fat or Filler -- Bellafill, Sculptra, Radiesse

For a small atrophic scar, I suggest treatment with Belafill, Sculptra, or Radiesse first before opting for fat grafting. Bellafill is more permanent than other fillers as it builds collagen naturally. I use a significant amount of this product for acne treatment and scarring and find it very useful and beneficial for patients. This filler requires meticulous skill and technique, I suggest only consulting with an expert. The most permanent is silicone but often this wont work for this type of scar.  You need a consultation. Best, Dr. Emer