Acne scar options? (Photo)

I want to get rid of acne scar from my face pls help me

Acne and dark acne scar marks.

First of all - get your acne under absolute control. 

Once this is done, you have a few treatment options. 

1. Bleach - 5% HQ cream for 8 weeks
2. Sunscreen during this time.
3. Use of Picosure or nanosecond Q switch lasers - low dose over 3 months. 

This will improve things significantly. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne scars

The approach to your acne scars need to be two folds 1) improving the discoloration (pigment). This can be done through topical bleaching agents (such as hydroquinone) and through chemical peels. 2) Then the texture of the acne scars can be improved through microneedling or radiofrequency treatments. It is a work in progress and changes do not happen overnight. But if you are committed to the regimen you will definitely see improvement. Best, Dr H 

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scars and Dark Spots in Indian Skin

There are two components to treat your scars and dark marks.  First you need to start using hydroquinone and retinoids to even out the pigmentation and chemical peels.  Next, you need to have eMatrix for the scars themselves.  Please consult an expert for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne scar treatments - all skin types

From your picture it looks as if you would benefit from a few different acne scar therapies. Depending on your downtime I would recommend a few VI Peels followed by multiple Sublative Fractional RF treatments.  If downtime is an issue multiple microneedling treatments would be helpful.

Since we can't "get rid of" scars our goal is to improve the appearance of the acne scars with multiple treatments.  In addition, if you have brown spots left over from the acne we can improve that appearance with microneedling or VI Peels.

For patients who are good candidates we also use the CO2RE laser as well as Vbeam if the scars have a red color to them.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD