How can I get rid of stitch marks on my forehead? Is laser treatment effective? (Photo)

I met with an accident 13 years ago...I got 2 stitches on my forehead...and this mark looks soo ugly that even I can't face the people...plzzz tell me how can I get rid of this mark...Is laser treatment is effective or plastic surgery...If plastic surgery is effective then tell me the cost of the whole process...plzzzz help me

Options for Scar Improvement with Lasers

First off, I'm really sorry that you ended up with this scar and am glad that you are reaching out for help.

Lasers do offer the possibility of improvement. Advances in fractional laser therapy (I have had especially good results very safely with Halo) can help your body replaced the damaged scar collagen with healthy newer collagen. Good results with scars generally take a series of treatments and can improve, although never fully resolve the scar.

When you are obtaining consults where experienced physicians can see you in person and offer their best opinion, you may also want to seek out a plastic surgeon or dermatologist skilled at surgery for scar revision so as to know all your options.

Best of luck to you.

Incline Village Physician

​Find an Experienced Provider with Several Options

Thanks for your question.  If you want a non-surgical option, you should find an experienced physician in your area that has multiple laser platforms.

After a personal consultation, we would probably offer you three different laser treatment platforms based on your concern:  a series of 1540 Fractional Resurfacing, 2. a series of PicoSure FOCUS or 3. Fractional CO2 Resurfacing.  Not every treatment is right or works on everyone.  We will often try one treatment and switch if it isn't effective.

Best of luck!  You have several options that should be able to minimize or eliminate your scar.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician