Deep nasolabial line and lines on the sides of the mouth. (photo)

Hi, I'm a 39 years old asian woman, with fairly good skin. I have these quite 'thick' lines on the sides if my mouth when I smile and it bothers me because it makes me looks older than I should. Maybe they are just smile impressions but is there any effective treatment to make them less visible? Thank you

Smile Lines

Thank you for your inquiry. Laugh lines are easily corrected using dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Belotero, Emervel, or Radiesse. The treatment takes about 15 - 30 mins, are very tolerable and typically last about  12 to 15 months if not longer. Prices usually vary between $650 - $850 in Montreal, Canada. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to assure best results. Hope this helped.

Smile lines treatment

These are often improved with placement of fillers there. Keep in mind that if you correct the problem during active smiling, it won't look the same when you are not smiling. It will look over corrected. Filling other areas of the face, particular the cheeks can also help this area. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD